THE LIST – December 2, 2011
1. Flotsam (floating) & Jetsam (sinking) – Anything thrown overboard to lighten a ship in distress.
2. This Week in Tech – 2004 – Ken Jennings loses to Nancy Zerg after winning 74 consecutive games of Jeopardy! and pocketing over $2.5 Million..
3. Today in History – 1961 – Castro openly declares that he is a Marxist-Leninist in an announcement that sealed the Cold War animosity between Cuba and the US.
4. The Damnwells – No One Listens to the Band Anymore
5. CNNMoney calculated that workers’ unused vacation days will equate to $34 Billion for their employers.
6. Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan President, pardons rape victim after she agrees to marry the rapist. She was imprisoned for having sex out of wedlock and the rapist is a relative.
7. A snake charmer in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh was angry that the government did not grant him a plot of land to keep his reptiles. So he went into the state’s tax office and released a slew of snakes, including poisonous cobras.
8. Minorthread.com – man documents wearing different rock t-shirt everyday for one year.
9. thumbtackpress.com – great original framed art by hundreds of different artists.
10. Newt Gingrich on children of the poor – “They have no habit of showing up on Monday and staying all day or the concept of ‘I do this and you give me cash,’ unless it’s illegal”