The List – January 27, 2012
January 27, 2012
- Word! – Mumpsimus – One who sticks obstinately and wrongly to their old ways.
- This Week in Tech – 1911 – The French Academy of Sciences turns down the membership application of Nobel Prize winner Marie Curie because she was female.
- Today in History – 1979 – “The Dukes of Hazzard” premiers.
- Social Media – The FBI is looking to develop a web application that can monitor social networks.
- Who Cares but WTF? – Pat Sajak hosted “Wheel of Fortune” drunk. Doesn’t realize the irony of needing to be drunk to watch it.
- Baltimore Ravens imply that the New England Patriots cheated in the AFC Championship game.
- Oh My! – Larry Dollins, Texas Man, Arrested For Stabbing 14 month old puppy 11 Times and leaving her in the dumpster. The dog survived.
- Photo of Arizona Governor Jan Brewer with finger in the face of Obama recalls iconic civil rights photograph of Hazel Massery yelling at Elizabeth Eckford, one of the Little Rock Nine. Brewer claims to have felt threatened by the Pres.
- “Alibi” Aftershave designed to hide strip club smells.
- Music – The Hi-Risers – Once We Get Started.