The List – Feb. 3, 2012
February 3, 2012
- Word! – Uranomania – obsession with the idea of divinity.
- This Week in Tech – 1935 – A polygraph machine is used for the first time. It brings forth a conviction.
- Today in History – 1979 – Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols dies of a heroin overdose in New York City
- Social Media – “Kissinger” robot allows two people to kiss over long distance via robot lips.
- Who Cares but WTF? – Madonna. Super Bowl. ’nuff said.
- Groundhog Day. Great movie. Six more weeks of winter? What winter?
- RIP Don Cornelius. Brought the inner city into the suburb living rooms and then went out with a bang.
- 4 x 1033 ergs/second / 1.4 x 1033 cc = 2.8 ergs/second/cc – pound for pound, humans are 60,000 times brighter than the sun.
- UNC-Charlotte is first college in the nation to get its own SWAT team.
- Sh*t ______ Say videos are awesome.
- Music – (Local GSO Band) – House of Fools – Live and Learn.