The List – February 17, 2012
February 17, 2012
- Word! – lubberwort – Food or drink that makes one idle or stupid. Junk Food.
- This Week in Tech – 2005 – The Kyoto Protocol is ratified and has been signed by 191 countries, not including the world’s largest polluter, the United States, due to the impact it would have on the economy.
- This Week in History – 278 – St. Valentine beheaded by Claudius the Cruel. His martyrdom celebrated by the Church to replace Feast of Lupercalia, a pagan festival of love.
- Social Media – Chinese worker producing iPad2 receives $8 for each one sold.
- Who Cares but WTF? – Paul McCartney quits smoking pot at age 69.
- Undrafted and cut twice Jeremy Lin is now savior of the Knicks.
- Apple unveils OSX Mountain Lion. “Inspired by iPad. Re-imagined for Mac.”(Almost)
- 17 High School Students’ Facebook Photos Used On Porn Site.
- Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum.
- Ryan Adams – Ashes and Fire