The List – February 24, 2012
February 24, 2012
- Word! – borborygmus – The rumbling sound of gas passing through the intestine.
- This Week in Tech – 1938 – fist nylon bristle toothbrushes go on sale replacing the standard pig hair toothbrush.
- This Week in History – 1993 – World Trade Center Bombed.
- Social Media – 2004 “Grey Tuesday” an intentional viral distribution of DJ Danger Mouse’s “Grey Album” a mash-up of The Beatles “White Album” and Jay Z’s “Black Album”.
- Who Cares but WTF? – Plastic surgeon performs his own daughter’s breast enhancement surgery for her 18th birthday.
- The Super-Commuter population (commute over 100 miles one way to work) has increased 149%.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says he believes the world’s most valuable company has more money than it needs.
- The internet speed at Google is 524 Mb/s. in real numbers, that is 32 Mb/second. The average US home in the US has a speed of 10. This means at Google, you can download 1 GB in 30 seconds.
- Madness – Madness