Make Your Own Chalkboard Paint!
There is no better item for purposeful decoration than something painted with chalkboard paint. There is way to make your own with a color of your choosing! Here’s how…
- 1/2 cup acrylic paint (choose any color you like, or mix colors together to make the perfect shade!)
- 1 tablespoon unsanded grout (this can be purchased at most hardware/home improvement stores)
- mixing cup or bowl
- paint brush
- object or board you plan to paint on.
1. Measure out your paint and grout. The unsanded grout is a fine powder so be sure to work in a well ventilated area.
2. Stir the grout into the paint until no lumps remain. 3. Paint your surface with your new custom chalkboard paint! The paint will begin to harden once it is mixed, so only mix what you need at one time as it won’t store as well as other paints.
Once your chalkboard has fully dried be sure to slate the surface before using it for the first time. To slate a chalkboard lightly rub chalk along the surface and then lightly rub it off.